ANNOUNCEMENT: CIS Maintenance Weekend August 15-17, 2014
CIS has a maintenance weekend scheduled for August 15-17. The details follow. Please let us know ASAP if you have concerns about this maintenance window. Please note the outage to the Argonne website (http://www.anl.gov) will also affect the MCS website at http://www.mcs.anl.gov, as it’s hosted on the same service. Otherwise, services provided by the CELS systems team will be unaffected.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Argonne’s quarterly IT maintenance weekend is scheduled for Friday, Aug 15, thru Sunday, Aug 17. Expect that any laboratory network and core IT services may be effected during the weekend.
· Wireless networking will experience outages throughout the weekend.
· Voice mail will be unavailable from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday, August 15th. During this time, voice mail messages will not be received nor will they be retrievable.
· Authentication to Cloud applications such as BOX, Dayforce and Service Now will be unavailable from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, August 16th.
· All business applications will be unavailable all day Saturday and into Sunday morning.
· MIR3, the labs mass-communication system, will be unavailable from 7:00 p.m. on Saturday until 7:00 a.m. on Sunday while the vendor performs its maintenance.
· CIS will perform verification of IT services on Sunday, August 17th to ensure all services are functioning for business hours on Monday, August 18th.
As with all IT maintenance weekends, there is no explicit guarantee that a service will be available at any given time.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
Aug 15th, 2014, 5:00 p.m. thru Aug 17th , 2014. We expect the maintenance to be complete Sunday morning and will then be followed by a verification process.