CIS IT Maintenance Weekend January 17-19
Please see the following announcement from CIS. The only thing that seems to affect CELS is the telephone system work and some Argonne web applications being patched. Argonne Business Systems will be inaccessible on that Saturday.
IT Maintenance Weekend Coming January 17-19
Major maintenance activities are planned for the weekend of January 17-19. Work will commence at 5:00 pm on Fri, 1/17 and continue through 7:00 pm on Sun. 1/19. Expect that any laboratory network and core IT services may be effected throughout the weekend. Please note;
- All telephone systems will be down for resiliency testing between 6:00 and 7:00 pm Friday. This includes emergency phones and 911 services. A PA announcement will be made when this happens. In the event of emergency, employees should contact emergency services from their cell phones (630-252-1911).
- All telephone systems will be down for resiliency testing. A PA announcement will be made. ~15 min. outage expected
- All voicemail services down. ~2 hr. outage expected
- Web applications down for patching
- Building 201, network outage much of the day
- do not expect to have network access or get to your desktop computers in Bldg. 201 on Saturday
- Wireless networks, rolling outages throughout the day
- Many business systems & SCADA down for the morning
- Login servers down in the afternoon, majority of business application inaccessible
- Web applications server upgrade, ~2 hr. outage expected
- Most everything back to normal by early morning
- Full verification throughout the day