The Systems Group provides the following support for Desktops and Laptops in supported divisions:
- The Laptop Support policy can be found here.
- Any desktop system where the user has Administrator access is supported as if it is a laptop.
- Laptop rebuilds on ANL-owned equipment will be performed by Systems with a maximum one week turnaround time. Systems will install onto the laptop an OS that is licensed and supported for that hardware.
- Desktops are not backed up. Users must keep any important data on networked filesystems which are backed up.
- Systems will assist in specifying purchases of new machines. Hardware is paid for by the division.
- Desktop and laptop support may be provided in-person, via e-mail, via telephone, or via remote desktop, as the situations merit.